This project delivers practical and scenario based guidance for the customization of Team Foundation Server Process Template and or Work Item Type. You can customize your team project to support specific processes and practices that your team uses. We guide
you through common customization scenarios based on a specific business need such as adding an account number in a work item type or how to customize a Process Template.
Bookmark the Visual Studio ALM Rangers
blog, using tag
TFSPTCG, for the latest information on this project.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features and/or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Services, Microsoft
Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
What is included in the downloads?
The solution is divided in separate packages to give you the choice of selective downloads. The default download is the first of the listed packages:
- Guidance practical contains scenarios, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters.
- Sample PowerShell scripts which are referenced and used by one of the scenarios.
- Sample Custom Control which is referenced and used by one of the scenarios.
Epics included in the guidance are:
- I would like to know how to get started with Process Template customization
- I would like to understand how common customizations are made to Process Template
Bill Heys, Claudio Leie, Clementino de Mendonca, Ewald Hofman, Giulio Vian, Jahangeer Mohammed , John Bergman, Mario Contreras, Nico Orschel, Pete Elliott, Pierre Donyegro, Roy Robertson, Silfarney Wallace , Stawinski Fabio, Tiago Pascoal, Vladimir Gusarov,
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to post ideas to the
Discussions Page or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the